Last week, J&D Ultracare announced that it will be closed until March 27 due to the coronavirus pandemic. This week, we’ve decided to extend that date to Friday April 3rd in order to take extra precautions to keep everyone healthy and safe. But don’t worry, while we are closed, our entire staff will remain available and continue to work remotely. We plan on re-opening on Monday April 6th, but please check our website for updates as this date may change as well.
Last week, we wrote an article that went over six tips that will help prevent the spread of coronavirus based on helpful information from the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) website. This week, we want to talk about ways you can manage your health at home if you get sick, which also comes directly from the CDC’s website. Their website is a great resource and we urge everyone to take a second to read it to learn more about coronavirus.
If you find the information below helpful, you read the original post by clicking here. Here’s what the CDC recommends for those that are sick:
- Stay home from work, school, and away from other public places. If you must go out, avoid using any kind of public transportation, ridesharing, or taxis.
- Monitor your symptoms carefully. If your symptoms get worse, call your healthcare provider immediately.
- Get rest and stay hydrated.
- If you have a medical appointment, call the healthcare provider ahead of time and tell them that you have or may have COVID-19.
- For medical emergencies, call 911 and notify the dispatch personnel that you have or may have COVID-19.
- Cover your cough and sneezes.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- As much as possible, stay in a specific room and away from other people in your home. Also, you should use a separate bathroom, if available. If you need to be around other people in or outside of the home, wear a facemask.
- Avoid sharing personal items with other people in your household, like dishes, towels, and bedding
- Clean all surfaces that are touched often, like counters, tabletops, and doorknobs. Use household cleaning sprays or wipes according to the label instructions.
If you have used J&D Ultracare’s nursing services in the past, please consider writing us a review by clicking here. Not only does this help spread the word about J&D Ultracare, you may also be featured in an upcoming testimonial post as well! We write a testimonial post every month, so please check out our blog here for future posts. If you are interested in working for us, you can send us your resume here.
Are you following us on social media? If not, please consider liking us on Facebook! This is one of the best ways to support our agency, plus it’s great for keeping yourself up to date on the posts we’re writing. Click here to be taken to our Facebook page and learn more.