J&D Ultracare has been providing professional nursing services to medically fragile children for 35 years. We understand the importance of good health, especially when many of us are staying home to social distance due to COVID-19. That’s why our nurses are ready to help those in need while following the safety guidelines set by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
For parents that are staying home with their kids, it’s important to keep everyone engaged and entertained with activities. That’s why we wrote a post in April called “Six Indoor Activities You Can Do With Your Kids.” However, if you’re a parent with young toddlers, it might be hard to do some of the activities from that post. On today’s J&D Ultracare blog, we want to show you five activities that toddlers will love.
These tips come from a great article on a website called Hands On As We Grow. If you like the tips below, you can find more in the full article by clicking here. Here are five of our favorites from the post:
- Get out the cardboard boxes and create! Let the imaginations flow. A box can be anything: a train, ramps for cars, an airplane, a house.
- Tape up the doorway and throw some newspapers (or cotton balls!) at it to see if you can stick them. A great indoor activity for gross motor practice!
- Shaving cream is a wonderful indoor sensory activity that toddlers love. Squirt some on a pan and just let them have fun. Add food coloring if you like. You might want to put them in an old shirt and maybe put a towel down, too. It does get messy (You can keep messy play clean too, I’ve got 10 ways!)
- Bowl indoors! Grab one of the kids’ balls. Set up a few items for pins. Lots of things will work for these, pop bottles, paper towel tube, or toilet paper works too!
- Create a necklace, toddler style! Use a piece of string (a shoestring works well because of the hard end) and something to thread on it. Big beads would be great. But other items such as straws or large pasta noodles work too. This would be a great fine motor activity.
If you have used J&D Ultracare’s nursing services in the past, please consider writing us a review by clicking here. Not only does this help spread the word about J&D Ultracare, you may also be featured in an upcoming testimonial post as well!
Are you following us on social media? If not, please consider liking us on Facebook! This is one of the best ways to support our agency, plus it’s great for keeping yourself up to date on the posts we’re writing. Click here to be taken to our Facebook page and learn more.