J&D Ultracare is a nursing agency that prides itself on the care we provide to kids. For over 30 years, our professional nurses have helped the medically fragile population with our in-home nursing services in Rockland, Dutchess, Putnam County, Westchester, Sullivan, Ulster, and Orange Counties. We provide children with everything they need to be healthy and offer specialized care when they become adults.
It’s important to keep your kids happy! Studies have shown that happiness has a direct correlation to health and the length of one’s life. With the summer rapidly approaching, there are plenty of fun activities that can be done with the whole family. That’s why we wanted to highlight an article from Unicef Kid Power called “50 Fun Summer Activities for Your Kids“!
There are a ton of great things to do in this post, but we wanted to go over ten of our favorites here on the blog. If you are interested in learning more, you can read the full article by clicking here. Otherwise, here are ten activities from the post that you can do with your kids this summer:
- Bike rides. Take your kids out for a fun bike ride, either near your house, or if the kids are older, take them on a bike trail. Since it’s a hot summer day, make sure to bring water!
- Make ice cream. There isn’t a kid (or parent) in the world who would refuse ice cream on a hot summer day. This is a great kids activity in which parents can easily monitor. Here’s a great guide on creating your very own vanilla ice cream.
- Meet friends at the local playground. Call up your friends and let the kids hang out together at a local playground, where they can play on swingsets, merry go rounds, and more.
- Have a picnic at a local or state park. Getting kids together for a picnic at a local or state park can be a fun group activity. Just make sure to find some shade!
- Sidewalk chalk murals. Get some fun colored chalk for your kids and you can create some really fun chalk murals and designs. Here are a few cool designs for inspiration.
- Backyard camping. Your kids may be too small to go camping at a campsite or park, but why not start in the backyard?
- Backyard stargazing. Put out a few blankets and lie down in your backyard, and gaze upon the stars. Show your kids how to locate Orion’s Belt and many other stars. Here’s a great stargazing guide.
- Check out the local county fair. Most major cities will have some sort of carnival or county fair which will definitely delight your kids.
- Kids science experiments. If your kids want to stay indoors, no problem – increase their brain power and curiosity with these awesome fun and easy science experiments for kids!
- Local tennis camp. Tennis is one of those sports that most kids don’t get to play during the school year. But your town likely has a fun kids tennis camp that your kid can enjoy.
If you have used our nursing services in the past, please consider writing us a review by clicking here. This spreads the word about J&D Ultracare, which will help us find more patients in need!
Are you following us on social media? If not, please consider liking us on Facebook! This is one of the best ways to support our agency, plus it’s great for keeping yourself up to date on the posts we’re writing. Click here to be taken to our Facebook page and learn more!