Welcome to the J&D Ultracare blog! If you are new here, J&D Ultracare is a home care nursing agency that specializes in providing professional nursing services to the medically fragile population. We’re an agency that’s primarily devoted to pediatrics and we see clients in Rockland, Dutchess, Putnam County, Westchester, Sullivan, Ulster, and Orange Counties.
Not only is it important to stay healthy, it’s also important to make sure your kids are happy and engaged as well. However, in these uncertain times, it may be difficult to do the same activities you’re used to doing. That’s why we want to show you some great camping activities you can do with your family in your own backyard!
We’ve picked five fun backyard camping activities from a Country Living article called “25 Backyard Camping Ideas That’ll Make You Feel Like You’re in the Great Outdoors”. If you find these activities fun, we encourage you to read the full article by clicking here. Otherwise, here are five of our favorite camping activities from the article:
- Pitch a Backyard Tent: You can go two ways here: Grab your best camping tent from the garage and pop it open, or get crafty and create a teepee for the kids.
- Build a Backyard Firepit: Camping—even in the backyard—calls for a fire (you can’t have s’mores without it, right?). To keep it contained safely, a sturdy flagstone firepit will keep the family warm and on a sugar high all night long.
- Play a Backyard Game: Sure, you could bring board games and cards outside, but if you’re in your backyard anyway, why not break out some fun lawn games? All ages will enjoy a game of corn hole, washer toss, badminton, Frisbee, giant Jenga, croquet, and more.
- Hang String Lights in the Backyard: Simple string lights add a magical touch to backyard camping. Hang strands of lights from four poles—mapping out your campsite—or hang them inside your backyard tent. Check out backyard string light ideas for fun ways to light up your space all year long.
- Watch a Movie: Turn an old white bedsheet or a canvas drop cloth into the big screen for an outdoor movie night. Spread out blankets, throw pillows in front of the tent, and start the show with camp-themed movies like Troop Beverly Hills, The Parent Trap, or one of these classic kids’ movies.
If you have used J&D Ultracare’s nursing services in the past, please consider writing us a review by clicking here. Not only does this help spread the word about J&D Ultracare, you may also be featured in an upcoming testimonial post as well!
Are you following J&D Ultracare on social media? If not, please consider liking us on Facebook! This is one of the best ways to support our agency, plus it’s great for keeping yourself up to date on the posts we’re writing. Click here to be taken to our Facebook page and learn more.